Antonie Bierling M. Sc.
Antonie Bierling studied psychology in Dresden. Since 2020, she has been researching the fundamentals of olfactory perception as part of her doctorate in order to make this knowledge usable for the construction of electronic noses in the future. To this end, she is involved in the "Perceptronics" and "smellodi" projects, which, among other things, bring together the disciplines of materials science, medicine and psychology in cooperation with the TU Dresden. In her free time, she enjoys cooking, traveling and photography.
Since 2020: Doctoral studies at the Technical University of Dresden.
2018-2020: Master Psychology: Cognitive Affective Neuroscience, Dresden University of Technology (Degree: Master of Science)
2014-2018: Bachelor Psychology, Dresden University of Technology (Degree: Bachelor of Science)
2012-2014: Studies for the higher teacher’s degree for the subjects German, Fine Arts and Mathematics, Dresden University of Technology (no degree)
2012: Abitur, Hans and Sophie Scholl Gymnasium Ulm
Professional and academic career:
Since 03/2022: Research assistant, Chair of Clinical Psychology, Friedrich Schiller University Dresden.
Since 06/2020: Research Assistant, Chair of Materials Science and Nanotechnology, Technical University of Dresden
10/2020 - 03/2021 as well as 12/2021 - 02/2022: Research Assistant, Clinic for Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics at the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden, Medical Faculty, Dresden University of Technology
06/2018 - 05/2020: Student Assistant, Clinic for Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics at the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden, Medical Faculty, Dresden University of Technology
12/2014 - 06/2020: Student assistant, Dresden Academy for Psychotherapy
- Wintermann, G. B., Bierling, A. L., Peters, E. M., Abraham, S., Beissert, S., & Weidner, K. (2022). Childhood Trauma and Psychosocial Stress Affect Treatment Outcome in Patients With Psoriasis Starting a New Treatment Episode. Frontiers in Psychiatry, 668.
- Bierling, A. L., Croy, I., Hummel, T., Cuniberti, G., & Croy, A. (2021). Olfactory perception in relation to the physicochemical odor space. Brain Sciences, 11(5), 563.
- Croy, I., Bierling, A., Sailer, U., & Ackerley, R. (2021). Individual variability of pleasantness ratings to stroking touch over different velocities. Neuroscience, 464, 33-43.
- Bytomski, A., Ritschel, G., Bierling, A., Bendas, J., Weidner, K., & Croy, I. (2020). Maternal stroking is a fine-tuned mechanism relating to C-tactile afferent activation: An exploratory study. Psychology & Neuroscience, 13(2), 149.
- Bierling, A. L., Croy, I., Hummel, T., Cuniberti, G., & Croy, A. (2021). Olfactory perception in relation to the physicochemical odor space. Poster presentation at the conference of the European Chemoreception Organisation (ECRO) 2021 in Cascais, Portugal.
- Bierling, A. L., Weidner, K., Croy, I., Doering, S., & Herpertz, S. (2021). Latent Change Score Modeling as a Method to Study the Effectiveness of (partially) inpatient psychosomatic-psychotherapeutic Treatment in a naturalistic clinical Sample. Symposium talk at the German Congress of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy 2021.